This week, we’ve spent some time exploring music and dance as artistic forms. To help you explore what we’ve learned about, your Unit 3 assignment will consist of writing an essay addressing using the following criteria:
• 1,000 words or roughly four double-spaced pages.
• Make use of at least three scholarly sources to support and develop your ideas. Our course text may serve as one of these three sources.
• Your essay should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections.
• Be sure to cite your sources using proper APA format (7th edition). For help with APA, visit the Bethel Library website to explore a plethora of APA-related tutorials, help videos and resources.
• In this essay, you will choose a favorite song or dance performance and write a critical review of your chosen song or dance based on the formal qualities of music or dance that we’ve learned about this week in chapters 9 and 10. Questions for you to consider in your review:
o What are some of the formal qualities in your chosen song or dance performance?
o What are the expressionist qualities in your chosen song or dance performance?
o How does your chosen song or dance make you feel, what does it make you think?
o Based on everything we’ve learned so far about art, how would you evaluate this song or dance performance as a work of art?