Assignment 1: Locating and Critically Analyzing Primary Research Articles
Developing the proficiency to locate, read, and evaluate research articles is essential to your success in this doctoral program and your career. With this Assignment, you have the opportunity to become familiar with the Walden Library by searching the databases, reviewing resources, and downloading full-text articles. You are asked to think critically as you do this, keeping in mind that as a doctoral candidate you must be able to enhance your profession’s body of knowledge by synthesizing what you have learned into new insights and applying them in meaningful ways within the practice environment (as a DNP-prepared nurse) or engaging in original research (as a PhD-prepared nurse).
- Participate in or review an archived version of the following Walden Library Webinars:
- Introduction to the Walden Library
- Evaluating Online Resources
- An Introduction to Evidence-Based Searching
- Then search the Walden Library and locate two peer-reviewed primary research articles that pertain to your practice area and are of particular interest to you.
By Day 7
Write a 4-paragraph APA-formatted paper addressing the following:
- Write a 1-paragraph summary of each of the articles you have selected (a total of 2 paragraphs).
- Write 1 paragraph that synthesizes the two articles using a scholarly voice.
- Write a final paragraph in which you discuss the differences between summarizing and synthesizing research.