Assignment 1: Planning Your Week(Message me if you understand the assignment)
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
You could consider each week of a course as a small project. It requires you to study some learning resources, participate in a discussion, and possibly complete a paper or a test.
- Create a work breakdown structure (WBS) that represents your projects for this week.
- Document the tasks you were asked to perform in this week of the course (you can use the list above as a starting point). Decompose each main task into subtasks that can be completed in two hours or less.
- Do the same for at least two other projects you planned for this week. They could be things like grocery shopping, laundry, or another course. Do not include events with scheduled times, like work or medical appointments.
- Using Microsoft Project or an equivalent, represent this WBS as a Gantt chart. Be sure to display all of the tasks and subtasks and the estimated duration of each one. Enter task dependencies that result in a feasible schedule.
Note: Do not use Excel or other software that cannot represent task dependencies.
Your document must follow these formatting requirements:
- Follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Properly cite all sources.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- All charts and diagrams must be the student’s original work. They must be pasted into the document as neat, legible images.
- The cover page and the reference page do not count towards the assignment’s length.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use CASE tools to initiate, specify, and prioritize information systems projects.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.