Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 2 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources.
- Mathis, R. L., Jackson, J. H., & Valentine, S. R. (2014). Human resource management (14th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
- Chapter 3, “Equal Employment Opportunity” (pp. 70–108)
- Nkomo, S. M., Fottler, M. D., & McAfee, R. B. (2011). Human resource management applications: Cases, exercises, incidents, and skill builders (7th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
- Chapter 17, “Exercise: Is This Unlawful Discrimination?” (pp. 56–59)
- Document: Week 2 Discussion Template (Word document)
- Document: Week 2 Assignment Template (Word document)
Is This Unlawful Discrimination?
Week 2 Assignment
Assignment: Final Project Proposal
The cases used for this Discussion require you and your classmates to analyze the applicability of a number of equal opportunity laws to different disputes. These laws include: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, Civil Rights Act of 1991, Equal Pay Act of 1963, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. You ultimately judge the disputes based on your analysis.
For your assignment this week, review the situation you will chose from the Chapter 17 exercise in Nkomo, Fottler, and McAfee.
Point out the description and judgment of the case you selected. In your description include the key facts of the case, the equal opportunity laws that apply to the case and why those laws apply, and the decision the court must make in the case. Provide an explanation of how you would decide the case if you were the judge and the reason for your decision
This week you submit a proposal for your Final Paper to your Instructor for approval. For your project you identify an HR-related problem, review resources related to the problem, develop and evaluate potential solutions to the problem, and make a recommendation for addressing the problem.
For your proposal:
- Review the Week 2 Assignment Rubric (located in the Course Information area).
- Identify an HR problem for which you want to find a solution from you own personal experiences, the experience of others, or recent media coverage.
- Locate three resources on the problem that you can use in your Final Paper.
Submit by Day 7 a proposal (250–500 words) for your instructor’s approval that includes the following:
- A description of the HR problem that you chose
- A description of the reason you chose that problem. Note: If you describe a real situation, do not use real names of people or organizations.
- Proper APA citations for three resources you could use in your Final Paper
I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE BOOK, SO BEFORE SAYING YOU CAN DO THIS ASSIGNMENT FOR ME, I NEED YOU TO BE ABLE TO GET AHOLD OF THE BOOK AND FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION I PROVIDED. I NEED A GOOD PAPER WROTE SINCE IT’S ALREADY LATE AND PLUS THIS PAPER WILL REFLECT TOWARD MY FINAL PAPER