What’s Happening in Jitterbug Perfume?
1. There are four main subplots/character groups in this novel. List two or three main characters in each group. (4 groups x 2-3 characters each.)
2. Explain what is happening in Seattle, in about 4 sentences.
3. Explain what Alobar and Kudra are trying to achieve and list their tools and techniques to try to reach this goal. Write your answer in about 4 sentences.
4. What do you think the overall message or theme is of Jitterbug Perfume is? What message or moral does Tom Robbins want us to remember after reading this book.
5. In about 300 words, argue how Jitterbug Perfume is or is not “postmodern”. Use specific references to Klages’ article on postmodernism and examples from the novel (with page numbers) to defend your answer. Treat this like a mini-essay, with a thesis, support from the novel, and support from the secondary source (Klages’ article). Cite your sources in MLA format.
**Write your answer in 3-5 sentences, including direct evidence, quotations, and page references in MLA format. **
Please number each answer as well.