Examine leadership’s role in executing successful change.
As the change leader for Delta Pacific Company (DPC), you know certain elements need to be in place by leadership for a change to be successful. DPC wants to change the culture from the more traditional manufacturing environment to one of a contemporary consulting environment. Now it’s time for you to help the leaders execute a successful change:
- Determine how leadership impacts the organizational culture during this change
- Examine elements that are critical to making this change sustainable
- Assess the top mistakes leaders make and determine the best way to avoid those mistakes
As the change leader, it is your responsibility to help ensure a successful change in the shift of DPC’s organizational culture. Part of this includes alerting leadership to how their own behavior impacts change and how change can be sustainable.
Conduct academic research and create a plan to present to the CEO and board in which you complete the following successful change management plan:
- Explanation of leadership behaviors that impact organizational change.
- Description of critical factors that ensures this cultural shift will be sustainable.
- Examination of the top mistakes leaders make during a change.
- Explanation of your recommendations as to the best ways the leaders can avoid making those mistakes.
- Remember that this is a proposal. Make sure to format your paper properly for your proposal. A proposal is a persuasive document, so make sure to use proper language and tone. Remember, you are the change leader, and you are writing to the CEO. So use a tone in your proposal that is specific to your audience (the CEO).
Include your APA-formatted reference page with at least two credible sources.
A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study. You want to identify sources where the author of the article is listed if they’ve referenced other information. The sources should be cited so that you can check for the accuracy of and support what they have written.
Relying again on the Delta Pacific Company Case Study, think about the ways the leadership team impacts change within an organization. Then prepare a plan to present to the CEO and Board in which you explain how leadership can impact change, common mistakes that are made by leaders during the change process, and suggestions to avoid mistakes. Also, include factors that will help ensure the cultural shift will be sustainable. Use databases recommended in the Business Management Research box below to search for helpful resources on this topic.
Optional Library Readings: