This week, you have explored the concept of management as both a set of functional tasks and as an extension of the values, ethics, and attitudes of an individual. Now consider the case of Costco Wholesale in Chapter 10 of your course text.
Consider the accomplishments of Jim Sinegal and Craig Jelinek at Costco Wholesale. In your opinion, what character and value traits led them to create and manage this successful company? What guiding principles have these CEOs used to successfully manage and expand this organization? What makes this organization different and successful?
By Day 7
Submit a 300- to 700-word paper which answers all of the following questions:
- How would you describe Craig Jelinek’s personality?
- What terminal and instrumental values are likely to be especially important to him as a manager?
- How would you describe Costco’s organizational culture?
- What role do you think Jim Sinegal and Craig Jelinek played in creating and maintaining Costco’s organizational culture?
- Which of your specific values will be evident in the way that you will manage? Why?
Application Assignments must be in AWE style and format.