PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
TOPIC: Histrionic Personality Disorder
Personality disorders occur in 10–20% of the population. They are difficult to treat as individuals with personality disorders are less likely to seek help than individuals with other mental health disorders. Treatment can be challenging as they do not see their symptoms as painful to themselves or others.
In this Discussion, you will explore personality disorders in greater detail and discuss treatment options using evidence-based research.
- Analyze diagnostic criteria for personality disorders
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatments for personality disorders
- Analyze clinical features of clients with personality disorders
- Align clinical features with DSM-5 criteria
- Compare differential diagnostic features of personality disorders
To prepare for this Discussion:
- By Day 5 of Week 2, your Instructor will have assigned you a personality disorder, which will be your focus for your initial post for this Discussion.
- Review the Learning Resources.
By Day 3
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned personality disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned personality disorder.
- Describe clinical features from a client that led you to believe this client had this disorder. Align the clinical features with the DSM-5 criteria.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resources.