Initial response: Walker, Henry, and Jacobs provide stories that surround symbols that are life-changing for the protagonist. In a well-constructed response that is at least two paragraphs, please answer the following prompt:
- Choose two of the stories and write a comparison of the symbols in the stories:
- What do each of the symbols represent?
- Is the symbolism directly or indirectly conveyed to the reader?
- How do each of the symbols affect the tone/theme of the story?
- Use cited text examples to support your analysis
- Introduce an explanation of a symbol that would be present in your life story. You can attach a picture of your symbol (an example of this might be a baby blanket from your childhood, or a baseball from your first game). Explain how this symbol represents you